The project templates feature allows you to create your own templates and apply them to new projects.
Project templates will make sure that review steps and their respective settings are automatically added. Once created, these project templates are available for the whole team.
Use cases of project templates:
By using project templates, you can:
- Standardize processes - Avoid time-consuming creation of projects and review steps including their settings.
- Ensure consistent workflows - Give your team predefined work processes.
- Avoid mistakes - Eliminate error-prone manual processes.
- Define global settings - Review steps settings are automatically adopted for all steps
How to create project templates?
When you create a new project template, you can predefine review steps and their settings. Reviewers, project collaborators and files cannot be added to the template in advance.
Who can create or edit project templates?
Admins and Managers
Custom Roles - Admins can decide if these roles should be able to manage templates.
All users can always use templates to create projects. There is no permission to disable that (as long as the user has the permission to create projects).
Create new project templates
To create a new project template, follow these steps:
- Click on the + symbol on the right side of the template folder under your project overview.
- In the pop-up that appears, give the template a name
- Select the CREATE PROJECT TEMPLATE button
3. In the project template that appears, create and set review steps and give them their proper settings
How to use project templates?
All team members can use all of the team's project templates when creating a new project. To use the project template, follow these steps:
- Click on the CREATE PROJECT button above your project overview on the left-hand side
- Fill in your project name and select or create a folder for your project.
- Click on the Choose a project template input line below, which opens a drop-down menu from which you can select your created template.
- Click on the CREATE PROJECT button and your new project will be created using the selected template.
How to edit templates?
All project templates will be collected in the Project Templates section below the project section in the left panel. Keep in mind that only team members with the role Admin or Manager can edit the templates.
If you have the proper permissions, you can open the templates in the overview and edit the templates. When editing the templates, you can edit the review steps and respective settings.
How many project templates are included in the pricing plans?
The number of included project templates depends on your pricing plan. Open your subscription page to view how many project templates your plan covers.
Reach out to us if you need more project templates than your current plan supports. We're happy to help.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach us through the chat or email at [email protected]