When getting started with Filestage, understanding the difference of Project Collaborators and Reviewers can be tricky!
In a nutshell, reviewers can only access the files in their review step and can review those files while project collaborators can access all files in a project and manage those files as well. Reviewers do not need to log in to access the files, but team member will need to log in to access the project.
If you're more visual:
If you enjoy video instructions:
Lastly, if you want all the details:
A reviewer is someone you invite to give feedback. This person can be a client, boss, co-worker, freelancer, or friend.
- Reviewers do not have to sign up to have access to your files
- Reviewers are able to see only the review step they were invited to. They do not have access to any other files in your project.
- Reviewers can access the all the files in a review step either via email invitation or a review link.
Reviewers can always
- view files in the review step they’re invited to see
- share the review link with others
Depending on the permissions that you give your reviewers, they may also be able to
- comment on a file
- attach files to their comments (logos, documents, sounds or design drafts)
- download a file
- finish their review to request changes or approve a version
- Upload files *only available in our new Pro plan!
A reviewer can never
- see files, comments, or versions in a different review step
- upload or delete a file
- upload or delete a version
- invite and remove team members
More information about the permissions of reviewers and how to set them can be found here.
A project collaborator has a personal Filestage account and an individual project overview. Project collaborator are able to create projects, upload files, and invite clients and co-workers to give feedback.
Project Collaborators can
- create new review steps
- invite reviewers to a review step
- invite team members to be a project collaborator
- upload new files or versions
- delete files or versions
- comment on files in any review step
- download the files
- see the complete version history of a file, including all past comments
To review a project as a project collaborator, a team member must be invited to that particular project. Projects are private by default and you must invite team members to the project so they can view it and all the review steps, comments, versions, etc. You invite a project collaborator to a project in the top right-hand corner.
- Understand roles for team members
- Understand the difference of In Review and Approved within a review step
- Manage reviewer permissions