The Team Only Comment feature lets you have private conversations in your team without them being visible to external reviewers.
Use cases of Team Only Comments:
By using Team Only Comments, you can:
- Give instructions - Now and then, your team needs more guidance on a reviewer's comment, or they need to know what steps to take next.
- Discuss feedback - If a comment is not entirely clear or there are different opinions, your team can discuss it privately.
- Collect information - Sometimes you need to know more before responding directly to a reviewer's feedback. Now, you can have private conversations to gather information.
- Translate - Language barriers between the stakeholders and the team can cause misconceptions; by using the internal commenting feature, you can help by translating feedback for your team.
- Make handovers - let your content creators know that they can start implementing the changes.
How to create Team Only Comments and Replies?
To start having private conversations, follow these steps:
- Go the file page
- Click on the file to leave a comment, or reply to an existing comment
- On the comment box, select “Team Only” (the comment box will then turn yellow)
- Write your comment and push save
Please note that you can only give Team Only Replies to a Team Only Comment.
Who can see Team Only Comments?
Anyone that is a member of your team, listed on your Team Page, will be able to see the Team Only Comments regardless of their role in the project.
The Team Only Comment function works similarly to normal commenting. With Team Only Comments, you will still be able to attach files, reply to others, and @-mention other users. The main difference is that you can only @-mention teammates, you can't @-mention reviewers.
Please note that your team members need to be logged in to be able to see Team Only Comments. If they open a review link without being logged in, our system will not know that they are team members and won't show the Team Only Conversations.
How do I tell if my comment is a Team Only Comment?
To help you distinguish Team Only Comment from normal comment, the comment box will always be yellow for private conversations and also shows a lock icon in the top right corner of the comment.
Which plans include Team Only Comments?
All PRO plans include Team Only Comments. If you are on an STARTER or an older plan, it does not include this new feature.
You can switch to a new plan or contact us directly at [email protected]. We will be happy to help!
If you have any additional questions or comments, please let us know by writing to [email protected].