If you would like to have your clients, reviewers or external users directly upload files into your project, your team can enable this add-on in the account to make it possible.
How does this improve my workflow?
That can be very helpful to you, because:
- The external users don’t need to be part of your team in Filestage.
- The external users don’t have access to the entire project, but only to the certain review steps, you invite them to.
The most common use cases of this feature are to:
- Allow external freelancers and agencies to add files directly to your projects without giving them access to all review steps. Once uploaded, you can review and forward the files according to your workflow.
- Enable clients and partners to provide project assets such as brand assets, briefings or raw footage in one central workspace.
Allowing external users to upload files to your projects helps you save the detour via other file-sharing platforms. Your entire workflow is mapped on a central platform, and you see all files and the full communication of a project at a glance.
How can I enable reviewers to upload files?
Firstly, get in contact with the Filestage team ([email protected]) to enable this functionality within your account.
Once it is enabled, follow these steps:
- Go to the project where you want a reviewer to upload
- Select reviewer settings
- Turn on this functionality
Once it is turned on, you will have to ask the external reviewer to sign-up for a free trial of Filestage (note: they will never have to pay for Filestage to upload files as a reviewer) so that the reviewer can begin to upload files to your project.
The reviewer will be able to access the review step from their Reviewer-Dashboard. From there, they will see upload buttons from the dashboard and within the file view. They are able to upload both new files and new versions.
Uploading from the dashboard as a reviewer:
Uploading from within the file as a reviewer:
Let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to us on chat or emailing us at [email protected]. We're always happy to help!