Getting Started with Filestage
Want to try out Filestage? This article will provide a quick list of actions to help you set up a Filestage account. Only takes 6 steps to start receiving feedback from your clients.
Step 1: Log in to the console
Step 2: Create a team & Invite team members
Team members will have their own dashboard to manage files. For more information on role differences between team members click here.
- Select Team in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on Invite Team Member.
- Enter the desired email address and choose whether this person should have admin access or be a normal team member.
Step 3: Create folders
When you are working with multiple clients it is usually best to separate them by folder, then you add individual projects under their folder.
- To create a folder, select the +Create a Folder button that is located above the projects on the top left.
- Name the folder, then select Create Folder.
Step 4: Create projects
While you are creating a project, it is mandatory to add that project to a folder. If you do not have a folder set up already, you can easily create one when naming a project.
- Select create project
- Name the project
- Name the folder you’d like to nest the project in
Step 5: Upload files
You can drag & drop files or upload them from your computer:
- Create a project, or choose an existing one.
- Click on the Upload File icon (green up arrow).
- Choose the file you would like to upload. Filestage works best for videos, pdf, images and audio files.
Step 6: Add reviewers and start receiving feedback
Review links are the simplest way to share your files with your clients. . The first time a client (we call them reviewers) opens a review link, they will receive a short tutorial prior to opening the file. They will then be able to leave feedback in your files. Once they leave feedback your team will be notified.
- Copy the review link for a file you want to share. Manage Links
- Send the link to your client (for example via email)
For each project and review step in Filestage you can define the permissions for your reviewers. You can enable/disable: Downloading, commenting, email notifications and password protection
Read here how to Manage Reviewer Permissions
Custom workflows & review steps
Filestage allows you to create a custom review workflow. E.g. you can have an internal review with your team before you share files with a client or external stakeholder.