- Activation time
The change will be active immediately.
2) Subscription period
The new plan has the same subscription period as the previous plan, if you don't switch between yearly and monthly billing.
For example, if your previous plan interval expires in 5 months, your new subscription interval will also end in 5 months.
If you change your subscription, the size of your team, or your billing interval, we prorate your payments as credits, which can be used for your next order.
- For example, say you are billed $10 on the 1st of each month and you change your subscription on the 15th of April.
- In that case, you have already paid $10, and used half of the current billing cycle.
- When you switch to a new plan, with a cost of $30, the unused portion of the previous plan results in a credit of $5.
- The cost of the new plan for the rest of the billing cycle (i.e., the rest of April) is $15.
- Therefore, the total prorated cost of switching from the cheaper plan to the more expensive plan is $10. This amount is added to the next invoice.
The next invoice, on May 1st, also reflects the payment required on the new plan for that upcoming month: $30. Thus, the May 1st invoice is for a total of $40. You are not billed the $40 at the time the plans are switched. The plan change impacts the next invoice, which remains on the same billing cycle.