To invite reviewers
To ask people for feedback, you invite them to Filestage as reviewers.
To do this, you add reviewers in your projects to a review step. This gives them access to all current and future files that are in this review step.
You can choose whether you want to invite them by email address or by review link.
a) To invite reviewers via their email address
When you invite a reviewer by email, Filestage automatically sends an invitation by email.
- In your desired review step select the silhouette next to “Reviewers”
- Enter the desired email address
- Optionally, you can add a personal message that will be displayed to the reviewer in the invitation email.
- Click on Invite Reviewers
This is what the email invitation looks like:
b) To invite reviewers via review link
The benefit of review links is that you can simply copy and paste them into any tool to give your reviewers access to your files. You can easily add them to emails or tools like Trello, Basecamp or Slack.
- In your desired review step select the share link icon next to “Reviewers”
- The share link will be automatically copied
- Share the link with your reviewers
Good to know: Reviewers can forward their review links
Reviewers can forward their review links internally to other people to show them the file and include it in the feedback loop. This works regardless of whether you invited them by e-mail invitation or by review link.
If you wish, you can password protect reviewer access to secure your files.
What reviewers can and can’t do:
Reviewers can always:
- View files in the review step they’re invited to see
- Share their review link with others
Depending on the permissions that you give your reviewers, they may also be able to:
- comment on a file
- attach files to their comments (logos, documents, sounds or design drafts)
- download a file.
A reviewer can never:
- see files, comments, or versions in a different review step they are not invited to
- upload or delete a file
- upload or delete a version
- invite or remove team members
You can manage reviewer permissions by clicking on the settings gear above the review step.